Welcome to Boston Young Healthcare Professionals’ (BYHP) fifth annual conference. We have brought together some of Boston’s most accomplished healthcare leaders in politics, academia, advisory, technology, and communications to discuss how healthcare is changing.
In 2019, we saw a return to the basics of healthcare with the prioritization of primary care and a renewed focus on addressing social determinants of health. As we move into 2020, we’re looking forward to what’s next on the horizon: consumer-focused healthcare transparency, alternative payment models, and an increasing focus on technology.
Opening Keynote – Donald M. Berwick, MD, MPP, FRCP, President Emeritus and Senior Fellow, Institute for Healthcare Improvement; former Administrator of U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Panel 1 – Better Information for a Better Consumer: The Role of Price Transparency Across Health Care
MODERATOR: Gavin Erickson, Senior Manager, Commercial Practice, Health Sciences and Wellness, EY
- Kevin Bourque, Esq., Deputy Vice President, State Advocacy, PhRMA
- Matt Klitus, MBA, President and General Manager, Cityblock Health
- David Seltz, Executive Director, Massachusetts Health Policy Commission
Workshop – Health Equity and Cultural Competency: Making Diversity and Inclusion a Reality at the Workplace
Su Joun, MBA, MS, Principle, Diversity@Workplace Consulting Group
Panel 2 – The Promise of Emerging Technologies: How Creativity is Changing the Landscape
MODERATOR: Derek Haas, MBA, Chief Executive Officer, Avant-garde Health
- Jay Desai, MBA, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Patient Ping
- Santosh Mohan, MMCi, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, Managing Director, Brigham Digital Innovation Hub, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Ritesh Ramesh, MBA, MS, Chief Technology Officer, Hayes|MDaudit
Panel 3 – Alternative Payment Methods in Practice: Are They Working and Are They a Better Way to Pay for Care?
MODERATOR: Joe Kimura, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer, Atrius Health
- Mark Mandell, MD, Chief Pediatric Medical Officer, Steward Health Care Network
- Christina Severin, MPH, President and Chief Executive Officer, Community Care Cooperative
- Lori Tishler, MD, MPH, Senior Vice President, Medical Services, Commonwealth Care Alliance
Closing Keynote – Amanda Cassel Kraft, MPP, Deputy Medicaid Director, MassHealth